About Me:



Hi, everyone! My name is Rachel Taylor and I am a rising junior here at TCU. I am double majoring in political science and criminal justice, and I hope to one day attend law school or work for the FBI. I cannot wait to explore London this summer! 

In this first blog post, I have included some pictures that I hope show who I am. This first photo is a picture of me at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. I included this photo because I love history (and this painting- I always remember seeing it in my elementary school textbooks and it was so amazing to see it in real life) and I enjoy going to museums! I've been to about every museum in Fort Worth, a few small museums in Italy, the Met in NYC, the Louvre in Paris, but I've yet to go to any in London.




This next photo is a picture of me and my dog, Daisy. She is a one year old French Bulldog that my mom and I got spur-of-the-moment in New York. I love dogs so much, especially Frenchies. Also, I enjoy being outside (if the weather is nice, of course.)




One of my favorite museums that I have been to is the 6th Floor Museum in Dallas. I am *obsessed* with the Kennedy family and love reading biographies about them. My favorite historical figure is Jacqueline Kennedy. Of all the books I have read about her, my favorite is Mrs. Kennedy and Me. It was written by her Secret Service Agent Clint Hill and shares what his time was like as her security detail. I highly recommend it!




I love to travel and take pictures of my travels! This is a picture from my most recent trip, which was to Santa Fe, New Mexico. I have been to New York, Paris, multiple cities in Italy, London, Eleuthera, Boston, Santa Fe, Memphis, Orlando, San Diego, and Vail, to name a few places. I love taking pictures to remember my time in all of the beautiful destinations and I hope to get lots of good pictures during my time abroad!




Last but certainly not least, I LOVE FOOD! While I have been to London, I did not stay long enough to really get a taste of what London cuisine is like, so I am excited for that aspect of my study abroad experience. My favorite food as of now is ramen. Another thing I enjoy is grocery shopping at Central Market and just looking at all the different kinds of food, Unfortunately, I am not a very good cook, but I have a deep appreciation for all kinds of food, especially anything with noodles. 

Comments

  1. Thanks for such a rich introduction to your passions. Art, dogs, museums, and food: my goodness, you're going to love more time to explore these characteristics of the capital city. Let me know if there's a particular cuisine you hope to try while in London. I'll try to point you in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts