The Buddha of Suburbia Photo Essay


In this interactive map of London, we were able to see where the rich and the poor lived throughout the city. In The Buddha of Suburbia, we noticed that geography and social class were correlated.


In the Museum of London, we saw a timeline of London, and how in the 1970s issues like gay rights really came to the forefront. 


This is Johnny Rotten's infamous "I Hate Pink Floyd" shirt. He claimed the group was not "punk" enough. Johnny Rotten reminds me of Charlie Hero in that they both realize that their punk music is kind of crap. 


This is one of Pink Floyd's famous album covers. They inflated a pig, meant to represent greed, and flew it over Battersea Power Station.


This is my final picture of my time here in London. I have never experienced a city with more diversity, and I am so thankful to have lived here for five weeks. I now feel more like a global citizen rather than just a girl from Texas. 

Comments

Popular Posts